|Practical Work in Social Work with the Family||
Social Work - 4. semester
|Lecturer in charge||Consultations||Location|
|prof. dr. sc. Slavica Blažeka Kokorić||
Thursdays from 10:30 to 12:00 am
|Nazorova 51, room 9|
|prof. dr. sc. Maja Laklija||Nazorova 51, room 18|
|nema; , str|
In the beginning, students should attend the orientation meeting, during which they are introduced to institutions or NGOs and field mentors. Students are obligated to individual work with users for the duration of 40 hours. During the implementation of field placement students are required to regularly participate in the fieldwork, organized consultative group meetings, supervision groups, and individual consultations with field trainers and educators at the faculty for the duration of 20 hours. Students are obligated to write a diary (structured notes about experiences from field practice) in which they record every contact with the user, activities that were conducted, observations about the user's needs, her/his emotional state, behavioural and social functioning of the user and the user's family and their own experiences.
After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Understand and interpret different user's contexts - gain insight and reflect on the specific circumstances of users' life, their daily activities, tasks, and role in a specific environment (institutional care, foster families or families at risk),
- Recognize specific user's needs and characteristics of family functioning
(biological / foster / adoptive family)
- Reflect and evaluate the role of social workers in this context.
- Collect data and write a family assessment report
- Establish good initial contact with the user, to develop quality relationships
with the user
- Define boundaries and professional role in contact with the user,
- End formal relationship with the user.
- Plan activities and act in accordance with the user's perspective
- Express themselves with a wider and richer vocabulary of professional terms
- Reflect personal experiences of practical work
- Introspectively monitor the development of personal capacities for
- Demonstrate better communication skills and teamwork skills
Copyright 2023 - Pravni fakultet, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, sva prava pridržana.